Recipe by mummamills
This is one of those easy=peasey recipes you can do when you want an easy night! especially true is you have some leftover rice:)
Top Review by Peter J
Yum, really tasty & quick! We really enjoyed the addition of curry and only change I made to suit what I had was use a packet of cooked 2-minute chicken noodles with a bit of extra liquid instead of the soup.
- 400 g tinned salmon (cheap one drained and de-boned)
- 50 g chicken noodle soup
- 236.59 ml cooked rice
- 1 small onion
- 30 g butter
- 236.59 ml milk
- 14.79 ml flour
- 9.85 ml curry (or more to taste)
- 29.58 ml fruit chutney
- 236.59 ml cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- make up the chicken noodle soup, using only half the water.
- Fry the onion, diced, in the butter til limp.
- Stir in the curry powder, then the flour.
- Add the milk and the salmon and the soup.
- Cook, stirring until slightly thickened.
- Spread half the rice in a greased casserole dish,dot with half the chutney, cover with half the salmon mix.
- sprinkle over the cheese.
- bake in a moderate over until brown.
- I haven't given baking times, because you can make this in the morning, and reheat in the evening, obviously it would take longer, and the oven temp should be a little lower.