Recipe by Abby Girl
I found this recipe in a little booklet promoting BC salmon. The author was born and raised in BC, but the family was originally from Japan. This recipe goes back generations and was originally brought over at the beginning of the century. Miso has an wonderful, intense flavor that seasons salmon just beautifully.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets (or 4 salmon steaks)
- 4 tablespoons miso
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin (or sherry)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the barbecue and oil the grill to mimize sticking. Gently warm the miso, sugar, mirin, oil and ginger in a saucepan.
- Brush salmon on both sides with the mixture. Place on the hot grill and cook for 4 - 5 minutes. Turn over and cook for a further 4 - 5 minutes or until salmon flakes easily.