Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
any type of salmon made into meatballs with spaghetti sauce and without the fishy taste!
- 16 ounces salmon fillets
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing or 1⁄2 cup creamy Italian dressing or 1⁄2 cup roasted garlic salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 (8 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- Place filets wrapped in cheese cloth into boiling water.
- Turn water down to medium/low setting and let cook in water for approximately 15 minutes or until salmon is mostly cooked. (Do not overcook or meat will dry out!)
- Take out of water and let cool.
- Peel off skin and shred salmon in bowl (make sure salmon is broken up very well).
- Add eggs and dressing and mix with spoon or spatula very well.
- Add bread crumbs, parmesian cheese, and spices, and mix well until consistency is like a regular meatball. (If consistency is too wet add more breadcrumbs and/or parmesian cheese to make more dry)
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch diameter meatballs Place into crockpot and submerge in spaghetti sauce.
- Cook on low for approximately 4-6 hours.