Montana Heart Song's Note:
I needed something tangy and a little sweetness to the dressing. Add djion mustard, poppy seed dressing, some mayo (or Miracle Whip), a little sweet relish and you have it. Add a little more cayenne if you wish. This is an optional ingredient.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dry elbow macaroni
- 2 cups canned salmon, skin and bones removed
- 2 stalks celery & leaves, diced
- 1/2 cup white onion
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 9 pimento stuffed olives, halved
- white pepper
- 1Bring 2 quarts of water to boil. add a dash of salt.
- 2Add macaroni and cook to ala dente. Do not rinse.
- 3Note: I stir macaroni, put a lid on the pot and turn the heat off.
- 4Check after a few minutes. Macaroni will cook in the hot water.
- 5Drain, do not rinse.
- 6Mix the ingredients for the dressing and put in refrigerator to chill.
- 7In salad bowl, add macaroni, salmon celery and hard boiled eggs and olives.
- 8Mix gently. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill if desired.
- 9Mix the chilled dressing in the salad.
- 10Serve with crackers.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Macaroni Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.6
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 217.0 mg
- Sodium 231.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives
poppy seed dressing