Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I needed something tangy and a little sweetness to the dressing. Add djion mustard, poppy seed dressing, some mayo (or Miracle Whip), a little sweet relish and you have it. Add a little more cayenne if you wish. This is an optional ingredient.
- 1 cup dry elbow macaroni
- 2 cups canned salmon, skin and bones removed
- 2 stalks celery & leaves, diced
- 1⁄2 cup white onion
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 9 pimento stuffed olives, halved
- white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup kraft poppy seed dressing
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- Bring 2 quarts of water to boil. add a dash of salt.
- Add macaroni and cook to ala dente. Do not rinse.
- Note: I stir macaroni, put a lid on the pot and turn the heat off.
- Check after a few minutes. Macaroni will cook in the hot water.
- Drain, do not rinse.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing and put in refrigerator to chill.
- In salad bowl, add macaroni, salmon celery and hard boiled eggs and olives.
- Mix gently. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill if desired.
- Mix the chilled dressing in the salad.
- Serve with crackers.