Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Taste of Home magazine, a quick, delicious meal for two. I generally double or triple the loaf recipe, so there's enough for the 4 of us -- and maybe even leftovers for DH to take to work the next day.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can salmon, drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill (or 3/4 tsp. dry)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute celery and onion in oil until tender.
- In a bowl, combine the salmon, egg, milk, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and sauted veggies.
- Transfer to a greased 6x3x2-inch loaf pan and bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon loaf.