Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple but elegant meal.
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can salmon, packed in water
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 3⁄4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon crab cake seasoning (optional)
CUCUMBER CHILE SAUCE
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Drain and flake the salmon and put in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients and pour into a lightly-greased loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour or until done.
- Serve hot with the Cucumber Chile Sauce.
- -CUCUMBERCHILE SAUCE-.
- Peel and finely chop the cucumber.
- Mix with remaining ingredients.
- Serve over Salmon Loaf.
I made this for a potluck at work. It was wonderful. I ate the leftovers cold - I liked it even better. I really liked the contrast of the cool sauce base with the hot of the green chilies (I used very hot ones).