Dianne Lewis's Note:
This is a salmon loaf I have been making since the 1960's and everyone that has ever tried it, raves over it. It takes a little more time than some but it is worth it!! This is also great cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain salmon, reserving liquid.
- 2Flake salmon.
- 3Scald the milk, add breadcrumbs and butter and let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Add salmon liquid and beat until smooth.
- 5Add egg yolks,onion,lemon juice,pepper,and salmon;mix thoroughly.
- 6Fold in egg whites.
- 7Pour in a well greased 1 1/2 quart loaf pan.
- 8Bake in 350 degree oven 50 to 60 minutes or until firm in the center,remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 9Loosen from side of pan with a spatula and invert onto plate.
- 10I usually make creamed peas to go with this or sometimes I use a can of celery soup diluted with half a can of milk, both ways are great.
- 11This has been a favorite of mine for years, it is a little fussy but trust me, it is worth it.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for salmon loaf supreme
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 140.9 mg
- Sodium 280.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: