Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe in an old church cookbook. very wonderful company dish.
- 1 (1 lb) can salmon
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup hot milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Remove skin and bones from salmon.
- add all ingredients except whites.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites, bake in buttered mold 1 hr 350.
This was an easy to make loaf with a very good texture. I substituted dried oregano for the parsley and it was really good. The only thing I might do differently next time is half the salt, mine was little salty but that could be because I used home-caned salmon. Thank you for sharing!
Wonderful, tasty and goooood to eat! a great addition to my cookbook!
This was really yummy and easy to make!