Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy and Healthy I use "No salt added salmon". and Sage can be used if Poultry Seasoning is not available.
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute, ie, Break Free Eggs
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can pink salmon, do not drain
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash poultry seasoning
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Use non-stick Baker's Secret pan or grease small loaf pan.
- Blend egg into flaked salmon.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon lightly into pan.
- Bake 45 minutes until top is golden and crisp.
- Serve garnished with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.
- Pass dill sauce or egg sauce, if desired.
We're trying to eat more omega 3's and this fit the bill perfectly. We don't like the taste of salmon and there was enough other flavors in this loaf that it worked for us. I used 1 egg and added some Mexican seasoning also. Will make this one again.
Very good, and very simple. I wish I had added the extra egg as noted by the previous reviewer since the loaf wasn't quite as moist as I would have liked. With that addition, it could possibly make it a 5 star. The addition of the the poultry seasoning provided a sublte but interesting twist. It was great topped with creamed peas and a side of squash casserole. It's a keeper, and I'm sure I'll come back to it again. Thanks for posting!
This is a good recipe. I used 2 whole eggs, toasted 2 pieces of toast and crumbled for breadcrumbs, used soymilk in place of skim milk, and added a little minced garlic. It turned out really well, and served the two of us for dinner with enough for me for lunch the next day. It was quick and easy, thank you.