Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Linguine with Salmon, Snow Peas and Fresh Cilantro
- 250 g linguine
- 200 g salmon steaks
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 8 snow peas
- 3 dried red chilies
- 8 garlic cloves
- 5 g coarse salt
- 3 teaspoons plain flour
- 200 ml whole milk
- 100 g cheddar cheese
- Cut the Salmon into cubes and marinate in Lime Juice for about an hour.
- Boil water, add 2gms salt and 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil. When the water starts to boil, add the Linguine.
- Linguine should be cooked Al Dente in abt. 10 mts.
- Drain the cooked Linguine in cold water to prevent further cooking.
- Mince the Onion & Garlic.
- Take a wok and add 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil and then toss in the minced Onion & Garlic.
- When the Onion starts to soften, julienne the Snow peas and add to the wok.
- Add 2gms of salt.
- When the Snow peas start turning a bright light green, add the milk.
- When milk comes to a boil, mix the plain flour in a cup of cold water and add to the wok.
- When the mixture starts to thicken, add the cheddar cheese.
- Once all of the cheese has totally melted, add in the salmon, the oregano and the basil.
- Mince the dried chilies into flakes and add it to the mixture.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil and mix well.
- Before serving, sprinkle the minced Cilantro on top.
- Adding Capers or sliced Jalapeños is optional.