Recipe by Latchy
I haven't made this the man I get my seafood from gave this to me with his price list. Am putting it here for safekeeping.
- 250 g salmon fillets, skinned, boned & roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 large leeks, washed & sliced into rings
- 4 medium potatoes, parboiled & cut into small chunks
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- salt & pepper (to season)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 sheets of ready rolled puff pastry, 1/3 pastry sheet for decoration
- 1 egg, for egg wash
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220deg Celsius.
- Place oil in a frying pan and gently cook leeks for 3-4 mints until soft. Remove and cool.
- Mix ricotta & egg in a mixing bowl to combine, season well with salt and pepper. Stir through salmon leeks and potato.
- Lay one sheet of puff pastry onto a lightly greased baking tray. Spoon filling into the middle. Brush edges with egg wash and top with other sheet of pastry. Press edges together with a fork & cut 3 vents in top of pie.
- Decorate with extra pastry and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until light brown and crisp. Serve warm or cold with a mixed salad.