Recipe by zeldaz51
From The Big Book of Breakfast, 2003, by Maryana Vollstedt. Canned salmon can be used; drain and remove the dark parts and adjust the amount of salt. This would be great for dinner, too. Prep time includes cooking potatoes.
- 2 russet potatoes or 1 1⁄4 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 leeks, white and pale green parts only, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked flaked fresh salmon (see description)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 6 large poached eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan over high heat with 1 cup of salted water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until almost tender, about 15 minutes. Cool under cold water and drain, then cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Melt the butter and oil together in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, leeks,and bell pepper and cook, uncovered until potatoes start to brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the salmon, dill, salt, pepper, and parsley. Continue cooking until potatoes are browned, about 5 minutes longer. Top each serving with a poached egg.