Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This delicious recipe is one I got from my brother-in-law. It's simple to make and a family favorite. I'm always asked for the recipe when it's served at gatherings! One recipe makes either one 9X9 or round pan, or three small loaf pans.
- 1 (7 ounce) package smoked gouda cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 pint cooked salmon (or two packages Bumblebee salmon, found near the tuna in the grocery store)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 3 drops liquid smoke (optional)
- Stack the following layers in small loaf pans:.
- Layer one: Finely grate one 7 oz. pkg. smoked gouda cheese. Divide between the three loaf pans, or spread evenly into one 9X9 or round pan.
- Layer two: Stir together one 8 oz. pkg. softened cream cheese and a small amount of milk until lumps disappear. Spread over the cheese (a bit challenging).
- Layer three: Combine 1 pint cooked salmon, green onions, lemon juice, garlic salt, mayonnaise, Tabasco, Liquid Smoke. Spread over cream cheese mixture.
- Chill. Then invert to serve with crackers.