Recipe by dojemi
Salmon Latkes are a simple dairy lunch or dinner. Although canned salmon is much more expensive than it was in the old days, this is still an inexpensive recipe, ideal for a Hanukkah lunch. From "The Gourmet Jewish Cook".
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can salmon
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup matzo meal
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced dill (optional)
- freshly grated black pepper
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin and bones from salmon.
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon with its juices, the eggs, onion, bread crumbs, and dill.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Set aside for 15 minutes. Not included in prep or cooking time.
- With wet hands, shape the mixture into latkes.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat 1/8 inch of oil.
- Fry the latkes until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot or cold.