Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The title of course is a play on words from the song "Some Enchanted Evening." We previously submitted our tuna macaroni salad recipe and were glad that some of you enjoyed it. We experimented with using canned salmon instead of tuna and it was just as delicious as the other recipe. It was an unexpected taste for some of our friends. I hope you enjoy it as much as we.
- 6 -7 ounces small shell pasta
- 4 cloves garlic, minced finely (can use garlic powder if desired, but not garlic salt)
- 2 (6 ounce) cansboneless skinless salmon
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion (grated if you wish)
- 1⁄2 cup salad dressing (not lo-fat)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- Cook Macaroni AL DENTE.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni, cheese, salmon, relish and onion.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the salad dressing, salt, pepper and garlic.
- pour over macaroni mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover and let chill for at least 3 hours.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Can be doubled.