Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from SpicySteve.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets, cut into individual servings
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk (Mae Ploy brand is best)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 -6 kaffir lime leaves, chopped finely
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised (pounded)
- Thai basil or coriander leaves (to garnish) or extra finely julienned kaffir lime leaf
- Heat oil and fry lemon grass for less than a minute or until very fragrant.
- Blend in red curry paste, stirring to break it up until it is fragrant. Do not let it burn. Stir in coconut milk until well blended and lower heat to simmer.
- Stir in brown sugar and fish sauce and add kaffir lime leaves. Allow to simmer at least 15 to 20 minutes or until oil begins to separate. Add salmon fillets and poach in sauce on medium heat until cooked. Serve immediately.
Excellent!! Really very easy, too. I adored the flavor of lemongrass and kaffir leaves with the Thai red curry paste and coconut milk. I loved the method of poaching the salmon, too. The salmon was light, flaky and had picked up those Thai flavors. I garnished my salmon with all of the suggestions (Thai basil, coriander leaves and a little of the cooked, chopped kaffir lime leaves). Made for the Soup-A-Stars during ZWT9