Recipe by Ceezie
A great recipe from Parade.com
Top Review by Sandra Lewis-glass
Loved this recipe. I made it tonight but I changed it a little - for the butter mix instead of the fresh basil I used a teaspoon of dried (didn't have any). I also added 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped, 2 green onions finely chopped (only green part) and a couple tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro. For the fish I seasoned it lightly with paprika and a drizzle of fresh lemon along with the salt and pepper.
- 12 ounces puff pastry sheets (thawed if frozen)
- salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a rolling pin, roll pastry into four pieces, each about 5 by 8 inches.
- Transfer two pieces to a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Remove skin from salmon and place a fillet in center of each of those pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine parsley, basil, and butter. Stir until herbs are thoroughly mixed inches Season with salt and pepper. Spread butter mixture on top of salmon.
- Dip a pastry brush into beaten egg and let excess run off. Brush edges of pastry around salmon with egg. Cover each piece with remaining puff pastry.
- Pinch pastry together firmly to seal, then lightly press tines of a dinner fork along edges for a decorative effect. Brush top of pastry with remaining egg.
- With a sharp knife, cut two small slits into top of each pastry so steam can escape during baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry has risen and is crisp and golden.