1/1 Photo of Salmon in Mango and Ginger Sauce
1 hr 11 mins
The salmon steaks are marinated in lemon juice, then lightly pan fried in butter, and finished in the mango sauce. It is sweet without being too sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 ounces salmon steaks (2 steaks 10 oz each)
- fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled pitted and chopped (or 8 oz frozen)
- 2/3 cup fish stock or 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon syrup from a jar preserved gingerroot (or from a jar of pickled ginger)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Place salmon steaks in a large, shallow baking dish; sprinkle with lemon juice, garlic, tarragon, and salt and pepper; let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- 2Meanwhile, place the mango, tomato, shallots in a blender or food processor and process until smooth; add fish stock or water and the ginger liquid and process again.
- 3Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, then cook the salmon about 3 minutes per side; add the mango puree, cover, and simmer 5 minutes more.
- 4Transfer the salmon to serving dishes, heat the mango puree and adjust seasonings; pour sauce over salmon and serve.
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon in Mango and Ginger Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (677 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 746.8
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 198.4 mg
- Sodium 379.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 60.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: