Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is so easy!! I have made the garlic herb butter for years. I experimented with the butter and skinless salmon filets. My friend loved the leftovers and asked for the recipe so I thought I would share it.
- 4 salmon steaks (skin removed)
- 5 tablespoons garlic butter (recipe below)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 lemons, juice of or 1⁄4 cup bottled lemon juice
- kosher salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk
garlic herb butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- For butter, mix all ingredients in a food processor or by hand with a rubber spatula and store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Salt and pepper both sides of salmon.
- Melt butter in non-stick pan. Saute onion and garlic until soft, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add salmon steaks to the pan, pushing onions and garlic to the side and around the salmon. Cook salmon approximately 4-5 minutes and then flip.
- Add the lemon juice, squeezing over the salmon as it cooks.
- Cook salmon an additional 4-5 minutes or until it flakes easily. Remove salmon from the pan and keep warm.
- Add another 2-3 Tablespoons of butter to the pan. Allow to melt before adding cream or milk.
- Bring butter/onion/milk mixture to a simmer. Simmer 1 - 2 minutes until slightly thickened. Pour over salmon steaks and serve. Garnish with parsley if desired.
This sounds good -- but is the butter you mention in the recipe the garlic/herb butter? It sounds a little confusing.