Recipe by MomLuvs6
Jaffrey, Madhur. Saveur Aug.-Sept. 2011
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Incredibly delicious salmon and very flavorful. Easy to make and just the right amount of spice. I would suggest using your vent hood fan as these spices are very pungent and do take on a life of their own. I would love to find a way to grill the salmon outdoors vs. cooking it indoors. I will definitely make it again. Made for the Best of the 2012 tag.
- 12 ounces skinless salmon fillet
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 serrano chilies, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub fish evenly with half of the salt, turmeric, and cayenne; set aside.
- In a bowl, stir remaining salt, turmeric, and cayenne with powder and 1/2 cup water; set paste aside.
- Heat oil in 12" skillet over medium-high heat; add mustard seeds; cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cumin and fennel, cook for30 seconds; add paste and chiles.
- Add fish, and cook,basting, until done, 10--12 minutes.