Jaffrey, Madhur. Saveur Aug.-Sept. 2011
Make and share this Salmon in Bengali Mustard Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Rub fish evenly with half of the salt, turmeric, and cayenne; set aside.
- In a bowl, stir remaining salt, turmeric, and cayenne with powder and 1/2 cup water; set paste aside.
- Heat oil in 12" skillet over medium-high heat; add mustard seeds; cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cumin and fennel, cook for30 seconds; add paste and chiles.
- Add fish, and cook,basting, until done, 10--12 minutes.