Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious with nice presentation too.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus (preferably)
- 1⁄2 lb salted butter
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 bunch chervil
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb fresh salmon fillet
- Boil asparagus until just tender. Remove bottom of stalks and set aside. Take and chop all the herbs fine.
- Melt the butter. Place the asparagus and a little butter in food processor, add butter until smooth. Add all of the herbs and the pepper.
- Next heat the heavy cream and continue to cook the bottom portion of the asparagus stalks in the cream. Do not bring to boil.
- Remove stalk and try to force them through a medium to fine strainer, remove that which does not go through.
- Add the processed bottom stalks and cream keeping the mixture thick.
- Broil the salmon 5-6 minutes (better to undercook) depending on the thickness of filets. Pour Asparagus Butter on plate (white preferable) and lay salmon on butter.