Another from my Neiman Marcus cookbook called "No Jacket Required" submitted by Dottie Lyons of Santa Maria, CA. This is her most requested dish. This can also be served as an appetizer course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw the sheet of puff pastry in the refrigerator overnight.
- 2Preheat oven to 425 degrees, F.
- 3Poach salmon in the wine and let cool.
- 4Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and saute mushrooms in butter and pepper until tender. Let cool.
- 5Roll out pastry sheet and cut into 4 (8 inch) squares.
- 6Place 4 oz. of salmon in the center of each. Top with mushrooms and brie.
- 7Brush the outer edges of the pastry with egg white; gather and twist to seal.
- 8Brush the outside of the pastry jacket with egg white.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 10To serve, place on a serving dish and garnish with a sprig of parsley.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon in a Jacket (Puff Pastry)
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1037.2
- Calories from Fat 593
- Total Fat 65.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 123.4 mg
- Sodium 755.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 45.4 g