Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another from my Neiman Marcus cookbook called "No Jacket Required" submitted by Dottie Lyons of Santa Maria, CA. This is her most requested dish. This can also be served as an appetizer course.
- Thaw the sheet of puff pastry in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, F.
- Poach salmon in the wine and let cool.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and saute mushrooms in butter and pepper until tender. Let cool.
- Roll out pastry sheet and cut into 4 (8 inch) squares.
- Place 4 oz. of salmon in the center of each. Top with mushrooms and brie.
- Brush the outer edges of the pastry with egg white; gather and twist to seal.
- Brush the outside of the pastry jacket with egg white.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- To serve, place on a serving dish and garnish with a sprig of parsley.
This recipe reminds me of the baked salmon I had at Ritz Carlton hotel. It is just fabulous!!!!! The brie cheese is really good. I had made adjustments along the way. I cooked the salmon in butter and chardonnay. I had put cooked spinach in the pastry as well as 1 tbs of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup in each of the pastry. I use the remaining Campbell cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 cup of mushroom cooked in butter to make mushroom sauce. Originally I thought to bake for 20 minutes on 215 degrees celcius but it turned out that I only bake on 175 for approx 3-4 minutes on each side of the pastry as all the ingredients are already cooked through. Overall, I had made 20 puff pastry from this. This is such a wonderful recipe base!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!