Prep 30 mins
Cook 23 mins
The Six O’Clock Scramble
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 cup slivered carrot
- 1 cup slivered red bell peppers or 1 cup green bell peppers or 1 cup zucchini
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°; tear off about 2 feet of heavy-duty foil; fold it in half to make a double-thickness square that measures about 12 inches on each side; place the foil on a cookie sheet.
- Place the fish in the center of the foil; top the fish with the slivered carrots and peppers.
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat; add in the garlic and ginger; saute until they are fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in soy sauce, vinegar, and hoisin sauce; simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Pour the sauce carefully over the fish and vegetables; wrap foil into an airtight packet around the fish, vegetables, and sauce, folding and sealing the edges.
- Bake for 20 minutes; remove from oven and open the packet immediately (and carefully) so the fish stops cooking; serve.