Recipe by StellaLuna23
Lose it with pasta! Our secret: Adding a monounsaturated fat (MUFA) creates a slimming meal proven to attack belly fat. This recipe is part of Prevention's revolutionary new eating plan, the Flat Belly Diet! Flat Belly Diet Bonus: Don't add oil (and extra calories) to the pasta cooking water. Using enough water and stirring often prevent sticking.
- 4 ounces whole wheat penne
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 lb salmon
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta per package directions without adding salt.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat while pasta cooks.
- Add tomatoes and garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Raise heat to high and add wine, salmon, basil, oregano, and capers and cook until salmon is just opaque, about 4 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet.
- Toss with tomatoes and salmon to combine.
- Divide equally among 4 bowls.
- Sprinkle with additional basil and oregano, if desired.