Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love fish, this is an interesting and simple dish for the grill. Recipe from Summer 2002 Bon Appetit.
- 4 large shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless halibut fillets, cut into 11/2 inch cubes
- 2 lemons, cut into rounds
- 1 orange, quartered lengthwise,then sliced crosswise
- 8 metal skewers
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in large bowl to blend, season with salt& pepper.
- Add salmon& halibut, toss to coat, cover and chill at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Alernate 2 salmon pieces, 2 halibut pieces,2 lemon slices and 2 orange slices on each skewer.
- Grill fish until done, turning often, about 8 minutes.