Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious! And simple. Takes some time to marinate, but it's worth it. I searched for the perfect grilled salmon recipe, but it didn't seem to exist. So, here is an excellent salmon recipe with all the flavors I wanted: lemon, white wine, garlic, and dill. I topped it with these yummy onions grilled in a foil packet and Caper Mayonnaise.
- 4 salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or up to 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup dry white wine (I used Chardonnay)
- 2 -3 lemons, sliced
- 1 -2 onion, sliced (I used red, but it doesn't really matter)
- 3 garlic cloves, quartered
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Arrange salmon filets in dish. Season with salt and pepper. Cover filets with dill, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and white wine. Rub seasonings into the salmon (I rubbed it in after every ingredient).
- Turn salmon over to marinate in sauce. Let marinate in refrigerator at least one hour before grilling.
- Assemble lemons, onions, and garlic on a sheet of aluminum foil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Fold foil into packet.
- Fire up the grill and put on the vegetable packet. Allow to cook 20 minutes before adding salmon.
- Put vegetables on top tier of grill. Add salmon skin side down and grill 8-15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve salmon topped with vegetables and Caper Mayonnaise. Enjoy!
Loved this salmon recipe. It was light and fresh...great for summer and the grill. I didn't make the veggies. The only thing I would change would be to use fresh dill if I had some on hand. Sorry, I forgot to give it stars when I reviewed it!
Really good, simple healthy and delicious! Thank you for the recipe