Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From The Ultimate Grill Cookbook.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 6 large salmon steaks, 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In small bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy; gradually add lemon juice, beating until mixture is fluffy. Beat in mustard, red pepper, and parsley until well blended. If made ahead, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days; bring to room temperature before using.
- Rinse salmon steaks and pat dry. Brush both sides of each steak with oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Place fish on a well-greased grill 4 to 6 inches above a solid bed of hot coals. Cook, turning once with a wide metal spatula, until fish flakes when prodded in thickest part (8-10 minutes).
- Using spatula, transfer steaks to a warm platter; top with butter mixture.