Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
My mom use to make it all the time when i was a kid. Now I make it for my family and friends. They love it and ask me all the time when are you fixing the gravy. Everything is perfect in the gravy not to much of a salmon taste.
- 1 (14 ounce) can pink salmon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- Take the bones out of the can salmon.
- Heat the oil on high heat.
- Turn down the heat to medium add the all-purpose flour and whisk it up in the oil until light brown.
- Then add the milk and salmon and whisk it around until all mixed up.
- Add the salt and pepper for taste.
- Keep whisking until it gets thick.
- Serve with toast or rice.
If I make it again I'll use 3T flour with 2-1/4C milk and add 1T worchestershire and a bouillon cube. Made for a good breakfast. Makes a lot.