Recipe by La Dilettante
When we grill out, we always end up with too much salmon! This is a tasty way to use up a leftover fillet (and any bits of baked potato), and makes for a nice change from eggs at breakfast.
- 1 grilled salmon fillet, about 5 ounces
- 3⁄4 cup cooked potato, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- nine 1-inch slices French bread, buttered on both sides
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute' onion in butter until soft; set aside.
- Place bread slices in single layer in 9" x 9" baking dish.
- Spread goat cheese on bread.
- Crumble salmon onto bread, top with chopped cooked potato and onion.
- Beat eggs and cream together, add seasonings.
- Pour egg mixture over all, cover, and put in refrigerator overnight (or at least 2 hours).
- Bake at 350 until puffed and browned, about 30 minutes.