1/2 Photos of Salmon Gefilte Fish
If you live anywhere in the New York area you have probably come across gefilte fish and if you have never had anything but gefilte fish from a jar I really feel bad for you but you can change your ways. LOL! This is delicious but requires a ready-made frozen salmon roll.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 22 ounces roll of salmon gefilte fish (use A&B when possible)
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon (peel and pith removed)
- fresh parsley
- 1Place all ingredients except parsley in medium sized covered pot and bring to a boil.
- 2After you bring water to a boil lower flame and continue cooking for fifteen minutes.
- 3Add Parsley.
- 4Turn fish over and continue cooking for another fifteen minutes.
- 5With cover on let fish cool down in the water.
- 6Remove wrapping paper and immediately wrap the fish roll with the carrot in aluminum foil and refrigerate until cool (at least six hours or overnight).
- 7When ready to serve cut into slices and cut a thin round carrot slice and place in center of fish slice.
- 8Serve with horseradish sauce or tartar sauce (looks particularly impressive when served in scooped out cucumber cups with strips of peel on and strips off like in a zebra pattern).
Browse Our Top Jewish (Ashkenazi) Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jewish (Ashkenazi) Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Gefilte Fish
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.7
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 400.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: