Recipe by mommyoffour
Not sure why its called "fondue" but it is so yummy. My dad used to make this when I was a kid and I've continued making it since then. I hope you enjoy it too.
- 5 slices white bread
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces salmon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube bread.
- Spread 1/2 cubes in buttered 2-qt. baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cheese over cubes.
- Drain salmon and flake.
- Spread evenly over cheese.
- Repeat bread cube and cheese layer.
- Beat eggs; stir in milk, salt and onion.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese, salmon and bread.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 325 for 50-55 minute.
- Serve immediately.