Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
got this recipe from a friend who subscribes to Self Magazine recipe-a-day. I think they got it from Ellie Krieger's cookbook "So Easy". Wanted to store it here for safe keeping because it LOOKS DELICIOUS! I adapted a bit because I don't want to eat it with Quinoa. Happy eating!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, rinsed and patted dry (6 oz each)
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Squeeze spinach of all excess liquid. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, and add shallots, after a few minutes add garlic and cook about a minute more.
- Add spinach, tomatoes, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; let cool about 15 minutes.
- Add ricotta; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pack about 1/2 cup spinach mixture on top of each fillet.
- Place fillets on a rimmed baking sheet or in a glass baking dish; bake until cooked through, 15-20 minutes.
- Serving suggestion: with Brown Rice or Rice Pilaf.
this was good I did not have the toms. and I used butter and parm. cheese foe x-tra goodness. Thanks for posting *****also this is low carb