Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The idea for this came from the More With Less cookbook. It can be used to fill a sandwich (embellished with onion and dill pickle) or crumble it over a crunchy bed of lettuce; enhance it with herbs and spices and perhaps form it into a cheese ball and serve with crackers. When my kids were small, they wanted me to make biscuit dough into rounds, add a spoonful of filling to each, fold in half and seal, and bake @ 400 F for 15 minutes! It was easy to let them "help" so they loved it even more!
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can pink salmon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup celery, minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (or salad dressing, enough to moisten)
- 1 teaspoon red onion, minced (optional)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Rinse canned salmon a few times to reduce the sodium level.
- Remove or crush larger bones.
- Mix all ingredients together in medium-sized bowl.
- Chill or eat immediately.
- I don't add the onion if I'm chilling it first.
- Keep a can of salmon in the frig for faster results!