Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from a Canadian cookbook
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) skinned salmon fillets
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh crushed garlic clove
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- Heat butter and olive oil in large skillet.
- Dredge salmon fillets in flour.
- Fry the salmon in the butter mixture until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove fillets from pan and keep warm.
- In same skillet, fry garlic and onion until transparent.
- Add hazelnuts.
- Add wine and stir to loosen any brown bits that may be sticking to bottom.
- Stir in cream and dried dill.
- Cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place salmon in sauce and heat through.