Recipe by Evie*
Top Review by Kim Boyle
This is a easy recipe but looks and tastes good enough to serve to company. My family loved this and it is their favorite salmon recipe now. I loved the sesame seeds they get very toasted and tasty and add a satisfying crunch. I highly recommend this one
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 thick salmon fillets, skinned (5-6 oz)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- lime wedge (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry-fry sesame seeds in a non stick fry pan over moderate heat until lightly toasted (approx 2-3 minutes).
- Pre heat grill/broiler.
- Cut each salmon fillet in half, and season with the salt and pepper.
- Brush generously with the oyster sauce and coat with the sesame seeds.
- Heat oils in a non stick fry pan until hot.
- Place the salmon in the pan and cook over moderate to high heat until the edges have become firm, about 3 minutes.
- Cook the salmon on one side only- do not turn it over.
- Transfer fish to the grill pan (carefully) sesame side up, finish cooking under grill for about 3 minutes.