Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
A favorite recipe recommended to me by my friend Lynn.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Take four salmon fillets (do NOT use salmon steaks!) of about 6-7 oz. each and put them on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with Pam or brushed with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of Butoni pesto (in the grocery store refrigerated section) onto the top of each filet and spread evenly.
- Take the pistachios (shell the nuts, put in a baggie and whack with the side of a meat tenderizer/pounder) and cover the pesto with them. The amounts of pesto and pistachios depend on the size of the fillets, so use your judgment here.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes until done.
- Serve immediately. (I serve it with roasted baby red potatoes and asparagus.).
We were SO impressed with this recipe! I was short on time so cooked it at 400F for 15 minutes and covered it in foil so it wouldn't dry out. The pesto went so well with the salmon and the nuts were a nice added texture. This will be a go to recipe for us from now on!
This is so easy and so delicious. I used some homemade pesto and steel head trout instead of the salmon. This is something I will make again for sure. Made for Diabetic Forum and Greens for Spring.
So easy to make & very tasty, love it!!! will do this again & again. Thanks for sharing.