Recipe by Expat in Holland
I believe this recipe came from a Bon Appetit magazine. It is a nice way to make salmon with wild mushrooms. I like to serve this dish with wild rice and a green veggie.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 white onion, sliced into rings
- 3 cups assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup clam juice
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon, crumbled
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice, squeezed
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add garlic and onion and sautee about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add mushrooms and sautee until mushrooms are tender about 8 minutes.
- Add clam juice and wine and bring to a boil.
- Continue to cook until liquid turns syrupy about 15 minutes.
- Add cream and boil for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Remove from stove.
- Meanwhile, place salmon on a greased baking dish in a single layer.
- Brush fillets with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Broil salmon 4 inches from heat source, for about 8 minutes. Turn salmon over and broil for another 8 minutes.
- Plate salmon. Top with mushroom ragout.