Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe courtesy Bobby Deen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pieces salmon
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 2 1⁄4 cups water or 2 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 10 ounces couscous
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to glass pan and place the salmon. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime over the top of the salmon and sprinkle with the House Seasoning. Top with pads of butter. Wrap in the foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve on a bed of couscous.
- House Seasoning: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Couscous: Combine water or chicken stock, salt and butter in a saucepan, over medium heat and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Add diced tomatoes, crumbled feta, and green onions. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, fluff with a fork, and serve hot or cold.
I'm glad to see this recipe posted! I've enjoyed this easy to prepare, flavorful combination of salmon and couscous ever since Paula's son Bobby made it on her show several years ago. I also bump up the flavor by using the tomato herb flavor feta cheese. A really good everyday recipe!
I absolutely love the feta and couscous combination... however, BF did not care too much for it. I loved the simple seasoning on the salmon... it really lets the flavor of the fish shine through... A great, light meal that I served with a green salad. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!!!
This is one of my husbands favorite recipes that I make. I did not have lime so I used a lemon instead and also used salt free garlic herb seasoning instead of the house seasoning. I also used tomato basil flavored feta instead of plain and it is a hit with my family.