Try a side of fried rice to compliment this dish. From Gourmet.
Make and share this Salmon Fillet with Soy Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line bottom of a broiler pan with foil, then oil rack of pan.
- Boil soy sauce and maple syrup in a small saucepan over moderate heat until glaze is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange salmon, skin side down, on rack of broiler pan and pat dry.
- Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons glaze in a small bowl for brushing after broiling.
- Brush salmon generously with some of remaining glaze.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then brush with more glaze.
- Roast salmon in middle of oven 10 minutes.
- Turn on broiler and brush salmon with glaze again, then broil 4 to 5 inches from heat until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer salmon with 2 wide metal spatulas to a platter, then brush with reserved glaze using a clean brush.
This was good. A little too salty. Next time I`ll cut down on the soy or use more syrup. I bet this would be good on grilled chicken.
Delicious Bev! Quite easy to prepare and the mix of soy sauce and maple sirup is so yummy!!! Didn't have a broiler pan. Used a cookie sheet with aluminum foil (sprayed with Pam) and cooked it for about 15 minutes. It came out perfect! Thanks Bev!