Recipe by Cadillacgirl
Just got my Alton Brown Good Eats cookbooks from Amazon... This is healthy and delicious! It's a big serving for one!
- 1⁄3 cup julienned fennel bulb
- 1⁄3 cup julienned leek, white part only
- 1⁄3 cup julienned carrot
- 1⁄3 cup julienned snow peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon whole coriander seed, ground fine
- 1 (8 ounce) salmon fillets, pin bones removed
- 1 orange, cut into wedges with white pithy membrane removed
- 1 tablespoon dry vermouth
Directions See How It's Made
- Take a 15 by 36-inch piece of parchment paper and fold in 1/2 like a book. Draw a large 1/2 heart on paper with fold of paper being the center of the heart. Cut out heart and open.
- Lay fennel, leeks, carrots, and snow peas on parchment in center to 1 side of fold.
- Mix together salt, pepper, and ground coriander. Sprinkle vegetables with 1/2 of salt, pepper, and coriander.
- Lay salmon on top of vegetables and season with remaining salt, pepper and coriander.
- Top with the orange wedges and sprinkle with vermouth. Fold other side of heart over fish and starting at top of heart shape, fold up both edges of parchment, overlapping folds as you move along. Once you reach the end tip, twist several times to secure tightly.
- Place on microwave safe plate and cook for 4 minutes, on high in microwave, or until fish reaches 131 degrees. Open parchment carefully and serve for a complete meal.