Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My dad and I made this last night and though we had to substitute a little bit, it came out superb! We substituted the light cream for milk and we ended up using a teaspoon more of the flour to thicken the sauce.
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup light cream (we used reduced fat milk, lol)
- 1 (7 ounce) can salmon or 7 ounces salmon fillets
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 3⁄4 cup of diced fresh tomato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook fettuccini according to package.
- Using a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and saute the mushrooms, zucchini, garlic and onions until they are tender.
- Next, stir in the flour.
- Add cream and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- Add the salmon, peas, tomato, salt and pepper. Continue to cook and stir it for approximately 3 minute.
- Drain the fettucini and top with the salmon mixture.
Very tasty, a great hit with my partner, & washed down with a lovely bottle of Semillon Sauvignon Blanc. Substituted the zucchini with asparagus and the peas with snow peas, which really worked well. Highly recommended.
DH and I enjoyed this. I used a large can of salmon, yellow crooknecked squash and heavy cream. Next time I think I will add some parmesan cheese. Thanks for a different way to have canned salmon.