Recipe by Southern Lady
Use canned or smoked. I found this off a can of salmon and uncovered recipe from being tucked away for many years. Cooking/prep times are estimated. Enjoy!
- 1 (14 ounce) can salmon, Alaskan
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk, Hot
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (or more, your preference)
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and flake salmon. Remove any skin or bone spine if necessary. Set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Remove from heat and whisk in flour.
- Cook stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in milk and sherry, cook 15 minutes stirring often.
- Begin boiling water and cooking fettuccini.
- Stir in flaked salmon and other ingredients, except parsley, into milk mixture and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Drain pasta once done and toss with sauce.
- Garnish with parsley.