1/1 Photo of Salmon En Papillote (Asian Twist)
I thought I’d give an Asian twist to this ‘salmon en papillote’ dish as I am sure there are plenty of variations out there. Feel free to experiment and play with this recipe by substituting spinach with fennel, rice wine with white wine, soy sauce with salt or anchovies, mushrooms with capsicum, etc. It all depends on your taste and the flavors you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (200 g) salmon fillets, skin on (can remove the skin if you do not like it)
- 1/2 bunch Baby Spinach (or normal English spinach)
- 2 -3 button mushrooms, sliced into 1/2cm pieces (normal mushroom)
- 1 -2 red chile, cut lengthwise (leave stem attached for easy discard at the end)
- 3 asparagus spears, thick ends removed (you can use more if you like asparagus like I do)
- 1 1/2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing rice wine (but can substitute with sherry, sake, cooking wine)
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Place the spinach on the baking paper. Add the chilies, 3/4 of the mushrooms and the asparagus and season with some pepper.
- 3Place the salmon on top of asparagus and add the grated ginger and season with more pepper. Top the salmon with the rest of the mushrooms.
- 4Fold the paper over to enclose the filling. Fold in the edge to seal, leaving a gap of approx 3cm.
- 5Mix the wet ingredients into a ‘dressing’. Adjust to taste.
- 6Pour the ‘dressing’ inside the paper through the gap. Now you can fold in the rest of the paper. The dressing will help keep the salmon moist and will add flavor to the dish.
- 7Place the fish on a large baking tray and bake for 12 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked. I prefer it medium done in the middle.
- 8Serve with a side salad.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon En Papillote (Asian Twist)
Serving Size: 1 (531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.3
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.0 mg
- Sodium 1394.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 50.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: