I got this salmon baked in parchment paper recipe from the Homemaker's magazine. I haven't tried it personally but it sure sounds tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) skinned salmon fillets
- 1 cup fresh bite-sized pieces spinach
- 1/2 red pepper, cut in strips
- 1/2 yellow pepper, cut in strips
- 1/2 green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon shallots or 1 tablespoon onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 slices lemons
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup pinot noir wine or 1/4 cup other red wine
- 1 pinch salt
- 1Preheat oven to 450ºF (230ºC).
- 2Cut two 18-inch (45-cm) long rectangles of parchment paper.
- 3Place a salmon fillet on each parchment paper rectangle.
- 4Divide half the spinach leaves, peppers, shallots, lemon slices and cilantro between each package, layering ingredients on top of salmon.
- 5Sprinkle 2 T (30 ml) of wine and a little salt over each serving.
- 6Gather the corners of the parchment toward the centre and twist tightly to seal each package.
- 7Tie off at the top with twine to fasten.
- 8Place the packets on a cookie sheet and bake on the centre rack of the oven for 15 minutes.
- 9Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 10Serve parchment packages unopened.
- 11Slice open at the table to release the aromas.
- 12Makes 2 servings.
- 13Recipe doubles easily.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon en Papillote
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 87.5 mg
- Sodium 205.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 35.1 g