Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick and easy to prepare, this salmon en papillote is as fragrant as it is flavoursome.
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 4.92 ml thyme leaves
- 4.92 ml fresh dill, chopped
- 73.94 ml white wine
- 2 (198.44 g) salmon fillets
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Combine the onion, garlic, tomato and herbs in a bowl with the wine.
- Place the salmon in a bowl and pour over the marinade. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Lay out 2 large sheets of baking parchment on a baking tray and put a piece of salmon in the centre of each. Spoon over the marinade and cover the fish with the paper to make a packet. Place in a dish and bake for 5 minutes. Open the pouch and serve.
Fridays is seafood night for us. And tonight I felt like salmon and gave your recipe a try. I'm glad I did. I didn't have fresh dill, so I used dried. It tasted so good. The flavors came together perfectly. And yet it is so simple and easy. Thanks for a great recipe.
very tasty dish and very easy
This salmon is indeed fragrant and flavorsome. And now, with the herbs fresh from the garden, and farm tomatoes--it's particularly delicious. I did find that my salmon needed more like 8 minutes in the oven, but the time would vary with the thickness of the fish.