Recipe by tamibic
This looks fancy like you really worked hard but it is easy cause you buy the puff pastry!!! You can even buy the bernaise sauce (knorr) makes a great one!
Top Review by Mickey in MN
The flavors are good. The bottom pastry was soggy. If we try again, we'll use a grate inside a cookie sheet so heat can crisp the bottom too... hopefully. I wonder about cooking the spinach first, to get the liquid out before it gets wrapped in pastry. Also, the vague ingredient descriptions require a bit of experience in the kitchen. i.e. how big is a salmon filet? 1/2 a box of pastry sheets? No photo makes it hard to imagine en croute rolled like a cinnamon roll. So, does it look like a pinwheel when you're done?
- 1⁄2 package puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 (5 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- 2 skinless salmon fillet
- 1⁄2 lb sauted mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup bearnaise sauce (Bearnaise Sauce)
- 1 beaten egg
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll pastry on floured surface to 1/8 inch.
- Place 1/2 the spinach on pastry lenght wise and top with salmon, mushrooms and 1/4 cup bernaise sauce then top with remaining baby spinach.
- Roll up like a cinnamon roll, folding in the sides to seal completely.
- Brush with egg.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Serve with warm bernaise sauce.