Recipe by *Parsley*
Enjoy on a bed of lettuce or in buns or pita bread.
Top Review by Marie Nixon
I was looking for a recipe to use my leftover salmon from Baked Fish recipe #28370. The Salmon Egg Salad recipe seemed like a good fit because the Baked Fish had dijon mustard on the top of it already. Boy, is this salmon egg salad delicious! I didn't use cucumber but followed the recipe otherwise. I cut the serving size down to 2. This would make a great appetizer spread on crackers, too.
- 14 -15 ounces canned salmon, flaked (I use two 7-oz vaccuum packed pouches)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon (double if using fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- salt, if needed, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Best if chilled for a few hours to allow flavors to blend.