Recipe by barbaja w.
Salmon egg crumble served on toast or rye crisp. Tasty, easy, inexpensive, simple. If you want the "eeww gross" factor for children who like to be ridiculous, then tell them that originally it was fish egg and chicken egg a really long time ago in history.
Top Review by Heidi in Wisconsin
This was quick, easy and inexpensive! My older kids loved it. I would add a little dill to the recipe and perhaps some sour cream to make it creamier but otherwise, right on with a great recipe! Thanks!
- canned pink salmon, drained
- egg (this is the type from chickens now don't get silly)
- wheat toast or rye crisp
- cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the salmon and eggs in a bowl with a fork.
- Put oil in pan (may use bacon grease if you want to). Bring fry pan to high heat. Test if hot by putting a tiny amount of water in the pan--it will sizzle and spit.
- Then add the fish and egg mix; reduce heat to medium and stir.
- When cooked, serve on top of wheat toast or rye crisp.