Recipe by TheDiva1959
This is a HIGHLY modified version of a recipe I found here on RecipeZaar. I changed it so much I decided to posting it as I made it (ok my guests encouraged me to do so). It was a big hit at my Holiday brunch.
- 1 (8 ounce) croissant dough
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend
- 6 ounces smoked salmon
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3⁄4 cup vidalia onions or 3⁄4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 6 ounces asparagus spears, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 13 X 9 inch pan with non stick spray.
- Line the bottom of the pan with unrolled croissant dough.
- Layer salmon on dough.
- Sprinkle cheese and onions over salmon.
- Add asparagus. I used copped asparagus but you can also use baby asparagus, fresh sliced portabello or any mushroom, chopped spinach, broccoli, the list goes on.
- Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Add dry mustard and milk.
- Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over layers in pan.
- Sprinkle with paprika. I did mine on a diagonal and it looked really pretty!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Is amazing hot or cold.