Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tasty appretizer dip that we usually serve with dry crackers at every holiday party and other special celebrations. It also goes well with a crudite platter. I've tried using canned smoked salmon and thought it tasted more like tuna. So I highly recommend using one of those vacuum-sealed packages of smoked salmon.
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 cup light cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well with an electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes or until ingredients are thorougly blended and mixture is creamy.
- The spread can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Great!!! Only bought a 4 oz package of smoked salmon so I used 6 oz of cream cheese but kept the herbs at the original amount. Added a dash of garlic powder. Served with pita chips and looking forward to trying the leftover with a bagel!! Made for the SSaSSy's - ZWT6!!
This is a very nice dip. I might try it with a few more spices next time, like cajun seasoning or garlic powder and scallions. Tuna might work well too.Thanks!
This was a nice mild dip that I enjoyed with Ritz crackers. Easy to put together and yummy too. Thanks! Made for Best of 2010 tag.